Studying In College

29 March 2010

Another notice to notify all readers that I am now currently studying in INTI College Subang Jaya.


Right now, I have already moved to Putra Heights in Subang and is taking the Foundation In Business IT programme. So basically I'm in College! And how is my experience??!









The Good
1.
Friends, girls and people.
Yeah, basically you can just socialize with anyone, with your lecturers and see all the girls you want.


2. They treat you as an adult.
No longer like school-kids, you can do whatever you want and go wherever you want with no questions asked unless it's wrong or illegal. No raising hands to answer, no standing up to speak and no one's gonna scold you for any reason.


3. Assignments!
The assignments you do will all be at home and typed in a computer, which will be convenient if you have a computer. If you do not, then too bad! Assignments contribute marks to your final examination as well, so you can basically say that some of the marks are already in your hands.




The Bad
1. Messed up management.
My timetable and my lecturers' as well as other friends' are not the same. The venues are all different but fortunately we found out before anyone could end up in the wrong class! The assignment they give has no proper format also...never even explain.


2. Improper breaks.
I got breaks on the wrong time and I had to stay back for like 3 hours just to attend the next class. And to my surprise the lecturer said that specific class will only be a few minutes as it is a tutorial class where he would just give some questions. Now I have to wait 3 hours just to attend a 5 minute class and go home!!


3. Only ONE girl who's major in IT.
I just don't like this...why those major in Business got so many girls one?










Okay, there's really not much of a bad experience when going to college as all your work are reduced and narrowed down into a specific field. Although you will be spending much more time in finishing your assignments and researches, you will get to do it comfortably with the help of many sources. It is also more interesting to get to know more about the subject you like.



My 7 Subjects
1.
Business Studies
2. Malaysian Studies
3. General Studies
4. Basic Computing
5. IT Principles
6. Mathematics & Statistics
7. English Language Skills



I hope I can get rid of all these unnecessary subjects except IT and Computing when I go for a Computer Science degree next year!










Other Experiences
Another experience is when I was looking for a dance club in INTI. I was hoping I could continue b-boying or at least learn some other dances in college as I liked dancing. I did not find any and was disappointed until I saw this notice board...

COLLEGE PLAYERS

...and I went ZOMG who the hell would name a dance club College Players?!




Another experience of an event where students were protesting as my class is too big and therefore had to separate into two groups with different timetables. Students major in IT are exempted from the separation as we are smaller in numbers. So there was a "lucky draw" for students major in Business. There are 2 outcomes, A and B. A is the original class with the better timetable and friends, while B is the shit timetable.

So people disliked it and were demanding a change in timetable or group. This guy who was sitting behind me got B while all of his friends got A and he went, "BABI!!"
INTI oh INTI...gotta improve in timetable management.





End of Notice
Alright, this is just a notice to let you all know that I'm back on blogging again! Therefore, stay tuned for updates as I will update on how to create your own sounds for L4D which I promised earlier on.

Hopefully I would be able to come up with more useful topics.





Love,
Nicholas.