How to do Easy Plans that Work?

02 November 2010

A coursemate asked me about my plans and stuff, and...


Seriously, my plans are direct and simple that I just don't even know if I should call them plans. Here's how I "plan" and achieve stuff...



Ways
1.
Set a realistic and clear desired goal.
Your goals can be a simple statement, like mine...
"I will have 5 digit salaries by working in the field that I like."
"I will marry my girlfriend."
"I will finish up my animation project."



This image is about communication...but I guess we can apply something here. We just have to reach B.







2. Determine methods to achieve desired goal.
Your method should be as simple as possible, with the least complications you can think of. Planning is affected greatly due to dynamic environment which always changes, and unless you are capable of anticipating every single change, then you can have Plan B to Plan Z, but that's not what we're gonna do.

For example, for this goal:
"I will have 5 digit salaries by working in the field that I like."

My methods are the following:
a) I love computers, so i'mma study Foundation in Business IT in INTI College.
b) I'mma further my studies to Degree in Computer Science.
c) I'mma find a decent job with 2k salary and above after graduation.
d) While working, i'mma do my Masters.
e) After Masters, i'mma go for PhD IF POSSIBLE.
f) AND IMMA GET 5 DIGIT SALARY!


Look...my methods are so vague and it doesn't explain what I should do at all. It is simple, because that's the only requirement I need to get 5 digit salary! Who cares if you don't get good results and who cares how much time you need in it? Of course, if you really do get good results, that's better and you could get scholarships and all that. But the direction is still the same.





In a race, there is a track and a finishing line. In life, you don't have to follow the track, you can crawl through alleys and stuff, you just have to get to the finishing line.







3. No Plan B?
It's a good thing to have a Plan B or C if you can anticipate the change. Everything will go as planned without problems because it is anticipated and dealt with. If you couldn't anticipate the change, then we do branching...this is where quick-thinking comes into play.

Planning is bad due to its rigidity. You can't just plan something and stick to it without problems. When the problem comes, your plan should branch out, and each branch should lead back to the main path, so whatever decisions made, still brings you to your goal...just shorter or longer.

So the reason why my goals and methods are so simple, is because this is my easy-to-follow track and no matter what I do, it will still go along the track that I've set many years ago.

When I hit an obstacle, I branch out with any method and can return to the same track and reach the same point.


Having specific methods will not get you anywhere, things change all the time and you might not be able to do it. When you cannot do it, you feel disappointed and stressed, which are one of the potential factors of causing you to travel the wrong way.




Non-related image, but look, all the green lines to the black dots intersect each other. If your goal is at the intersection point, you can achieve them with all related methods. You can even transverse methods smoothly, and that's what I meant by branching out!






What You Need
- Creativity
- Imagination
- Logic
- Ability to Realize

Be creative to design branches that lead back to the main track.
Be imaginative to simulate situations and outcomes.
Be logical to always make the right choice.
Gain the ability to realize to know where you stand and where to go.




Of course, I find this the easiest way to do things because it doesn't give you any stress. No stress = no decision-making problem. It works for me...if it doesn't work for you then I guess there are many other complicated ways out there for you to try.




Some Factors that make Branching / Decision-Making a Failure:
- Stress
- Anger
- Nervous
- Disappointment
- Fear
- Emotion
- Wrong Methods Used for a Goal
- Wrong Goal





Love,
Nicholas.